We’re taking it back to elementary school this Mother’s Day with DIY watercolor cards!
These cards take only a few minutes to make and add a thoughtful handmade touch to any gift. And in true Girl Talks Geek fashion, I made sure there was a way to add a geeky element.
Below is everything you need to create your own cards including: tutorial links, geeky quotes, and a shopping list of gift ideas to pair with your colorful creation.
Watercolor Tutorials – As a beginner I’ve used Youtube as my teacher. Here are a few simple tutorials you can reference to create watercolor backgrounds and simple flowers:
Geeky Card Quotes:
- I love you more than (favorite fandom)
- I A-Dumbledore you, Mom!
- To My Mother of Dragons, I love you!
- Thanks for being a better mom than Cersei!
- Massage Gift Certificate to the NOW – I love the NOW! There are several locations in the LA area and they offer an elevated yet affordable experience. I recommend the Healer massage.
- Cook & Dine Class: Hipcooks or The Gourmandise School – I’ve been to a few Hipcooks classes and they’re so much fun! You and a small group cook a meal together and then sit down and share it! This is such a great Mother’s day gift!
- Book + Journal + Candle: Recommended book: Girl, Wash Your Face (Life-changing book that’s perfect for mom!) Journal: Inspirational Journal Candle(s): I love Ellery Mae candles! She sells limited runs of Harry Potter inspired candles throughout the year and they smell amazing!
- Cozy Set: Pajamas, Slippers, Tea – Can’t go wrong with the basics!
I hope you and your mom have a magical Mother’s Day!