Let’s heat up this Valentine’s Day with a look inspired by the saucey film trilogy Fifty Shades of Grey!
The first film, paired with wine, and made for the perfect romantic movie night at home. The second film inspired me to buy a silver dress (like the one Anastasia Steele wears) and the third film, well…I have no doubt it’ll be entertaining and filled with drama and tropical honeymoon locations.
Today I’ll be sharing a two-part look you can wear on Valentine’s Day! The beauty portion is inspired by the makeup Dakota Johnson wore to the London premiere of Fifty Shades Darker and the outfit is inspired by Anastasia Steele’s look for the masquerade in the second film.
I’ve created a video tutorial to take you through the makeup step by step!
Once you’re done with the video, head to the bottom for a few fun styling tips to complete your look.
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
- Heidi D. #SELFIEWORTH Contour Palette
- NYX HD Finishing Powder
- NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray
- Tarte Blush in Ornate
- e.l.f. Bronzer
- Naked2 Eyeshadow Palette | Colors: Chopper & Snakebite
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise
- L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Precision Eyeliner #835 Carbon Black
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Demolition
- Tweezerman Rosegold Eyelash Curler
- Etude House Eyebrow Pencil
The secret to putting together an “inspired” version of this look (or any look) is to replicate the key components of it. Here are the key components I focused on:
- The dress color and fabric are distinct but the style/cut can be swapped for whatever you can find in your closet or your favorite cut (i.e. halter, strapless, mini dress)
- Her shawl can’t be replicated – it’s custom made! So I focused on finding something that added texture to the silky smooth look of the dress
- A simple accessory like the mask helps connect your finished look to the look from the masquerade scene in the movie. You may not wear it out on your date night but it’s a great photo prop!
I hope you enjoyed this Dakota Johnson inspired makeup and fashion look! Let me know what movie or TV I should pull inspiration from next!